Friday, August 27, 2010

little guy stuff. it's cute.

happy friday!!! that is so nice to hear :) i love friday's...they mean freedom for 2 weeks...usually...if client's don't call or email in a panic over the weekend.

this weekend i plan to finish working on baby b's blankie. john and i went to jo-ann fabric and picked out fleece, ribbon, cotton and batting (the stuff between blankets) last week. after discussing with the fabric cutting lady for about 30 minutes, we finally decided on the size to make this thing. that was quite the decision! ...umm...maybe i shouldn't admit that. anyway, i have constructed the entire blanket and L-O-V-E it :) i am really getting into this whole boy thing. it is an experience, but the planes, trains and trucks are really growing on me...i call them "cute" now when i see them on clothes. dianosours and bugs...still getting used to that one.

ok, back to the blanket. so here is my weekend plans...sew this thing so the loopy ribbons don't fall out :) below is a picture of the blanket on each side - the printed side is fleece and the other is a cotton grey. so cuddly. just waiting for a little boy.

also, baby GAP has made me really love shopping for this child. their clearance is the best...check it out. we got some clothes for the little guy. some of my fav's are below. cute little ittby sandals and slip on shoes and a sweatshirt. i think all 4 pairs of shoes would fit in 1 of mine. how cute. can't help but smile :)
here is the printed side - loopy ribbons are still pinned...but it won't look much different when sewn.

here is the other side - warm, cozy grey.

little guy shoes. so cute.

...and my FAVORITE...little guy's sweatshirt. the arms are shorter in real life (this is from the website). they are like little short things that just stick out and can't even be folded too well. it is just adorable.


enjoy your weekend :)

2 comments:

Amber Dawn said...

Lindsey...I know I've already said this but you honestly don't know how happy I am for you guys. Like I prayed for your family SO much and it makes my heart bust at the seams when God answers each prayer! That blankie is precious and I bet your little bundle will LOVE it! P.S. Let me know if you are having a baby shower because I want to send your little man a little something! :)

Tracy said...

adorable, can't wait to see the finished product. :) Ooh I forget that now that we know, I can spoil him...hmm... :) hope you're having a good weekend and resting up. love you! :)